1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I currently have no yarn preferences. I am still exploring many options with every new project. I’d rather stay away from acrylics (I have plenty in my stash from my earlier days) and lets just say that the thought of making yarn out of a pet freaks me out just a tad!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A school bag – I really need to get organized with my needles.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting for about 4 years now, seriously for 1-2 years. I taught myself thanks to some sites and then a book or two. I’d consider myself an intermediate knitter (always looking for a new challenge)
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I love musks, sandalwood, lavender and “ocean” type smells. I ave about 20 essential oils I like to burn all over my apartment!
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
You have no idea!!! Chocolate is my favorite thing (milk or dark but I can’t take white!). I will take M&Ms over Smarties any day!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Ok, so I: knit, crochet, paint (acrylic and starting with oil and some water colour), I make the occasional bath bomb, I make my own chocolate truffles, enjoy baking (cakes, cookies), I love to cook in general (Indian food is always fun), I sometimes make jewelry, I love doing henna on people or wood, etc… I tried spinning once, I may try it again but lets just say I thought I pretty much sucked.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to just about anything except for country, opera and rap. I’ll listen to the normal top 40 stuff, some R&B, rock, metal, alternative and classical (Tchaikovski is one of my favorites). MP3s are not a problem, I also have an iPod.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I’m still into my huge turquoise and magenta/fuschia kick! I can’t do yellow and most shades of green.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live on my own but spend most of my free time with my boyfriend of 2+ years. I have one cat, Pumpkin – she’s great! I love her!
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, I wear all of the above except for ponchos (I’m trying to lose a few more pounds, the poncho would only add them back on at this point).
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I’d have to say scarves – they please everyone and can vary greatly from pattern to pattern. I also made a toy once for a friend’s daughter – that was very fun too (quick, easy and cute as hell!). But I have fun knitting just about anything!
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting up a birthday scarf for my boyfriend’s sister, then starting up on some thrummed slippers for my father and the Henry scarf for my boyfriend’s birthday (December).
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Of course! Who doesn’t???
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight/circ: it depends on the project. I am currently useing more circs because it’s much harder to lose the stitches on those when travelling in the metro. Any material will do!
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, I use the back of my dining room chair (unfortunately, I had to fire the boyfriend as he kept putting his hands down on the yarn all the time!).
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My first pair of socks is going on 1 year now! I really need to get back to them…
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
I like both Eids… I don’t celebrate any winter holidays since my conversion, but I still gather with my family at Christmas and most other holidays – there’s no reason why I can’t wish them hapy holidays. Otherwise, I love Halloween (even though it’s not a holiday) – it’s the only day of the year where I actually have a valid excuse to play dress up!
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love seashells!
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I love the Farmer Fox pattern! He’s beyond cute!!! I also want to start trying out some really neat lavian mittens.
I have no knitting magazine subscriptions, I don’t feel a need for them.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I’d eventually like to wrap my head around shawl patterns – for some reason I easily mess them up!
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I’ll knit socks, I’m actually thinking of making 2009 my year for making socks. I wear a size 8-9 : 23 cm (9″) x 9 cm (3.5″). Warning! I have wide feet!!!
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?